Friday, January 16, 2009

13 Dec 2008

13 Dec 2008 - 7 mile run this morning: awesome. Heather came out and ran with me, which was fun. She had to leave early (about halfway through the run), so the return trek was done solo. It was a little strange: I fell behind the three girls in the front of the group, so I couldn't see them, and no one was close enough behind me to see, either, so it was like I was completely alone. I say it was strange, but it was quite peaceful and pleasant. It was early, and it was cold, so no one was out, really, except a few cars on the Powhite Parkway, next to which our course ran for a bit, so it was (mostly) very quiet. I could hear birds, and a dog, and at times it was almost as if I could hear the cold itself (although it was a good 6 degrees warmer than last Saturday), a hushed, crackling sound just underneath the sound of my breathing and my feet striking the road surface, kind of like the sound of ice before it breaks.
I tell you, this running thing just keeps getting better and better. I keep thinking of all these experiences I've had, and people I've met, which I would have missed out on, otherwise. Pretty incredible.

No comments: