Tuesday, January 20, 2009

20 Dec 2008

Really good run this morning. This was the pre-breakfast 5 mile group run, and it was a lot of fun. I'm starting to get to know some of my teammates (there are still some with whom I haven't had a chance to talk much, mostly because they run much faster than I do), and I couldn't be happier to know them. Everyone - EVERYONE - I've met through this program is incredibly awesome.
So, the run... This was actually the first group run I've done that wasn't an out-and-back route; this time we ran a big loop from Byrd Park through the Fan, up into the Museum District, and then back to Byrd Park. Everyone wore bells (this being our last group run before Christmas), and the folks I ran with and I tried our hand at some Christmas carols while we cruised up Monument Ave. That didn't work out great, though, because none of us could remember any of the words! Still, it was fun.
After the run, a bunch of us had breakfast at The Baker's Crust in Carytown. Belgian waffles, bacon and COFFEE. Yum.

No comments: