Friday, January 23, 2009

13 Jan 2009

Nice little 4 miler yesterday (Now there's something inspiring - not all that long ago, a 4 mile run would have left me a quivering ball of jelly on the side of the
road; now it's just a "nice little run!"). It was not nearly as cold as I'd expected, though, so the gloves and knit cap had to go.

Not to say the entire run was a breeze; I still have to keep myself motivated and focused on pacing and breathing and whatnot. But that kind of concentration is relaxing (as I've discussed before). It was a fun run.

Tonight, however, is where the REAL fun begins. As I've been told (warned) by everyone I know who has run Nashville before, the entire course is made of rolling hills, long gentle uphill sections and long gentle downhills. Running hills is crucial to my training, and so far, I've had precious little of that. So tonight I'm going to run hills with Coach Chuck. I love hills. I love hills. I love
hills.

No comments: