Friday, January 23, 2009

14 Jan 2009

Well, plans changed. Coach Chuck couldn't make it tonight, so I ran my regularly scheduled 7 miles. It went well; better than I would have thought. I ran one loop each of my two neighborhood circuits of 4 and 3 miles. Matt ran the first 4 mile loop with me, but was not prepared for the cold, so he ducked out after that.

Maybe it was breaking the run into two smaller sections, but the last 3 miles felt easier (not EASY, mind you, but easiER) than I would have thought. I think I managed to really push myself, as well, in terms of running strong and keeping a faster pace than I normally would on a "long" run (to me, anything over 5 miles is still a long run).

Funny, though, before writing this post, I moved some older posts to the archive, the oldest of which was for our 7 mile group long run. Again, I was caught off-guard by the perspective. It really wasn't that long ago when 7 miles was a near-impossibility in my mind, but now it's just a mid-week run! These moments are
really wonderful, as they remind me I AM making progress, even when I sometimes feel I'm not.

No comments: