Monday, December 1, 2008

24 Nov 2008

And so, to begin, here is just a little background on how I came to get involved with this organization...

Last Fall, I finally got up the motivation to remove my lazy posterior from the couch, turn off the television, and go outside and run around the block. It almost killed me. But I kept at it, and before I knew it, I was running my first 5k. Unfortunately, I stopped running after that.
Until this past August, that is. Motivation struck when a friend told me she was training for a triathlon with Team In Training. She invited me out to some of her fundraising events, and I found myself inspired by her enthusiasm, as well as by the other team members I met. I started running again.
I ran my first 5k of the season in September, another in October, and a third this past Saturday (22 Nov).
It was around this time I started considering some longer-term running goals. My first thought was to run a half-marathon. I knew I wanted to join Team In Training; the generosity and passion of the people I met made me certain I wanted to join their cause.
I contacted TNT, and in talking with their campaign coordinator, I decided to just go for it, and I signed up for the full marathon. This is a big goal, but I know I'm going to make it, with your help!

No comments: