Monday, December 22, 2008

6 Dec 2008

If I had to describe Saturday's group long run in one word, that word would be "fun." However, if you allowed me three words, the other two would be "frosty" and "hill."
It was cold, somewhere in the low 20's. Of course, I felt warmer once I started moving, but by the end I had frost in my beard and on the backs of my gloves, where I'd sweated through them. But I'm not complaining. There was a beautiful view off the Huguenot Bridge, which I would not have seen otherwise. I'm glad for the run, and for the cold.
The hill came at the very end of the run. I'm not complaining about the hill, either. From what I've been told (warned) by my coaches and those I know who have run the Country Music Marathon before, the entire course is rolling hills, so I need to work on these. I am happy for the hill. Really, I am. I conquered it, so why wouldn't I be happy?
And there I leave you for today. I had a great run, some great conversation, and the shoe clinic following the run was very informative.
Oh, and I got some running socks. I can't wait to try them out! Yes, I really am excited about socks.

1 comment:

o2bhiking said...

Hey Dave - Merry Christmas! Glad to see you blogging about TNT. See you at training! Art

PS: if you see Heather, tell her I said hi and Merry Christmas.