Monday, December 1, 2008

26 Nov 2008

Last night's run was a good one; a real confidence booster. I have been doing about half my running with my friend Matt (far right in the picture), and it's been very helpful to my motivation to keep at it. Since we started running together, Matt has consistently outperformed me (both in pacing and endurance), but by just a wee bit. This has kept me working to try to catch up to him (metaphorically speaking), which serves as added motivation to keep running. Did I really just compare my friend to a carrot on a stick? I guess I did.
Matt and I run the same 3-mile route , usually twice a week. Our run typically follows this patter: I jog to the corner of his street, and we head out. We talk while we jog, usually for the first 1.5m, after which I begin to get a bit winded, and turn my concentration from talking to just finishing the run. Matt, however, continues talking, just to remind me how *not winded* he is.
Yesterday, though, as I said, was a really good run. I managed to keep conversing the entire run! Actual, tangible signs I am improving! Maybe this marathon idea isn't so crazy after all...

No comments: