Wednesday, February 25, 2009

16 Feb 2009

Chilly today! The scheduled 4 miles ended up closer to 6, but it was a quite pleasant 6 miles (5.5, actually). I was amazed it was still light out, even though it was nearly 630 when I finished! Spring is on its way, I guess. JUST visible up the street, making its slow but inevitable way towards us, bringing with it longer days, warmer days, flowers, puppies and yes, allergies, too. But I say it's a pretty fair trade-off. I'm going to do my best to remember this when I'm running tonight in the still-chilly evening air. I'm going to savor it, because it's not going to last. Yes, it's cold. But I'll miss it, come the 90-plus days of summer. So I'm going to be as present in the cold tonight as I can be; I'm going to ingrain that sensation in my brain, so I can revisit it when I'm sweating buckets in July and August. Cold. Yay.

1 comment:

o2bhiking said...

Dave - here are your interview questions. Look forward to your answers. Art

1. One of your friends is doing Team in Training, training for a marathon and needing to raise $4,000. They have never done a long distance race before or done fund-raising. What advice would you give them?

2. You are told that you can live anywhere in the world for 12 month, and a decent 3 bedroom home or condo will be provided. In addition, your boss is going to continue to pay you your full-time salary, even though you will not have to work during that time. You can travel as much as you want at your own expense, as long as you don’t travel more than 600 miles from your new home. Where would you choose, and why? What would you do with your time and what would you like to see while you are there?

3. A special time machine will allow you to go back in time to visit any US President who’s first term ended before you were born. They will answer any questions you want. Which president would you choose, would what you want to discuss with them, and why?

4. After the Nashville Marathon, what are three future endurance events that you want to do, and why?

5. You win a contest where you can attend any musical / theatrical performance in the USA, with the best seats in the house for 4. All expenses will be paid for a 4 day, 3 night weekend to wherever this performance is. What artist / group / performance would you choose, at what venue, and why? What else would you want to do while you were in that area to catch the show?

Want me to interview you? To play along:

1. Leave me a comment saying, Interview me".

2. I will respond by giving you five questions (I get to pick the questions).

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions and include these five statements.